Blood and worm in poop?

If they have both coccidiosis and round worms, I'd treat the coccidiosis first with Corid, then in a few weeks treat them with Valbezen goatwormer.
Unfortunatly, tere's no natural way to prevent or treat worms.
I was told by Mississippi State that Apple Cider Vinegar in the drinking water is great on treating worms. Now Coccidiosis to me is like Parvo in dogs, it kills quick due to internal bleeding and dehydration.

We lost 3 out of 7 young chicks when hit with heavy rains that caused our chicken runs to mix their poop and feed they drop on the ground. Get ready, use a syringe to slowly dribble the Corid mixed with the right amount of water in their little beaks. We had one that was on deaths door, so we gave 2-3 straight Corid to it once a day, and low and behold that baby lived and is thriving! Defitinely do electrolyes and B Vitamins too!

I was told by Mississippi State that Apple Cider Vinegar in the drinking water is great on treating worms. Now Coccidiosis to me is like Parvo in dogs, it kills quick due to internal bleeding and dehydration.

We lost 3 out of 7 young chicks when hit with heavy rains that caused our chicken runs to mix their poop and feed they drop on the ground. Get ready, use a syringe to slowly dribble the Corid mixed with the right amount of water in their little beaks. We had one that was on deaths door, so we gave 2-3 straight Corid to it once a day, and low and behold that baby lived and is thriving! Defitinely do electrolyes and B Vitamins too!
Apple Cider Vinegar will not treat worms. I learned that a long time ago.

Well according to Mississippi Poultry, it does. Large hatchery's use it religiously.
Mine is personal experience. ACV does not treat worms, been there, done that. Large hatcheries dont treat for worms. The chicks are too young due the worms lifecycle. Worms start to appear at 5 weeks old IF the chicks are reared on soil.

Mississippi state what?
They did not tell you the truth.

I was told by Mississippi State that Apple Cider Vinegar in the drinking water is great on treating worms.....
I'd like to see the research on that, can you provide it? Or this just someone who happened to work at wherever you were contacting, opinion?
Large hatchery's use it religiously.
No, they don't. At least not for worming. In fact, it can cause health issues if given continously.

Also, don't give vitamins to birds you're treating with corid, during ir a few days after, it will cancel out the treatment.

I'd like to see the research on that, can you provide it? Or this just someone who happened to work at wherever you were contacting, opinion?

No, they don't. At least not for worming. In fact, it can cause health issues if given continously.

Also, don't give vitamins to birds you're treating with corid, during ir a few days after, it will cancel out the treatment.
Its simple biological science. Worms need a certain ph to grow and thrive in the gut, the apple cider vinegar changes that ph level to where they die.

My husband is a biologist .... been one for 45 years.

Oh well, I saved three by giving electrolytes to help with the dehydration, and the Corid to kill the protozoa. One we were amazed it lived, because it was not moving and laying on its side, wouldn't eat or drink on its own. We pulled it through and he's a vivacious Rooster that is bigger than its "siblings".

The B Complex vitamins helped to give it energy and to increase its appetite.

Back
Top Bottom