Blood and worm in poop?

Chickenandgreens

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2023
Okay so these are newish pullets, on organic pullet feed and fresh water, have a section of the yard to roam and coop is kept clean. Have notices bloody poop few days in a row but was like they eating watermelon that day etc today found a really bloody one with a worm in the poop small white worm :/. They aren’t laying so how do I deworm these pullets not sure which chicken has it so I would like to do the whole flock especially because I know they have worms I think natural is a great way to prevent worms but they have them now….

If they have both coccidiosis and round worms, I'd treat the coccidiosis first with Corid, then in a few weeks treat them with Valbezen goatwormer.
Unfortunatly, tere's no natural way to prevent or treat worms.
Thinking about ivermectin pour over solution.. yup no natural way ugh the poop is really bloody

Ivermectin has lost effectiveness against chicken worms, according to many of the worm experts here. It is not approved for chickens and has a long egg withdrawal time. It is true that some use it, especially for mite or lice infestation. I would just get some Valbazen, or some SafeGuard horse paste or liquid goat wormer. Those are safe and effective against most chicken worms. I can give dosage if needed.

Ivermectin has lost effectiveness against chicken worms, according to many of the worm experts here. It is not approved for chickens and has a long egg withdrawal time. It is true that some use it, especially for mite or lice infestation. I would just get some Valbazen, or some SafeGuard horse paste or liquid goat wormer. Those are safe and effective against most chicken worms. I can give dosage if needed
Can I put in the water to treat whole flock? how does dosage work these birds don’t like to be held unsure how to give meds orally. The worm was small white not to long ( i don’t think tape worms)

If they have both coccidiosis and round worms, I'd treat the coccidiosis first with Corid, then in a few weeks treat them with Valbezen goatwormer.
Unfortunatly, tere's no natural way to prevent or treat worms.
I think I want to get the Corid do I give it to the whole flock just can’t find a single way online to do this

Back
Top Bottom