Blood clots?

I have a couple of chicks that are about two weeks old and one of the started having blood poop and I am worried. The poop has some clots in it. Here is a picture just in case it helpsView attachment 2718115

Is there a way we could treat that????
I agree, I would treat for Coccidiosis right away.

You can find Corid (Amprolium) in the cattle section of TSC. It comes in powder or liquid.
Powder dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water and Liquid dose is 2 tsp per gallon of water.
Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

I would also suggest that you direct oral drench each chick once a day for 3 days. Instructions are in this LINK. The direct oral drench is IN ADDITION to the chicks drinking the mixed Corid water.

Do you have any antibiotics on hand? I would also consider treat with an antibiotic to help with infection. A tetracycline or amoxcillin can help with that. (Corid is not an antibiotic).

Make sure the chicks are drinking the mixed Corid water really well. If you need to, syringe the water into them several times a day. Corid is mild and shouldn't harm them.

You can find Corid (Amprolium) in the cattle section of TSC. It comes in powder or liquid.
Powder dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water and Liquid dose is 2 tsp per gallon of water.

I would also suggest that you direct oral drench each chick once a day for 3 days. Instructions are in this LINK. The direct oral drench is IN ADDITION to the chicks drinking the mixed Corid water.

Do you have any antibiotics on hand? I would also consider treat with an antibiotic to help with infection. A tetracycline or amoxcillin can help with that. (Corid is not an antibiotic).

Make sure the chicks are drinking the mixed Corid water really well. If you need to, syringe the water into them several times a day. Corid is mild and shouldn't harm them.
This is what the Corid packaging looks like. Hopefully you can get it and start it asap.
Let us know. If antibiotics are not to be found, they can be ordered online, but in the meantime, give the chicks a very small amount of white cooked rice with buttermilk to help sooth the gut. This is an add on/addition to them drinking the Corid water and eating their chick starter.

1623691975653.png
1623691982897.png

This is what the Corid packaging looks like. Hopefully you can get it and start it asap.
Let us know. If antibiotics are not to be found, they can be ordered online, but in the meantime, give the chicks a very small amount of white cooked rice with buttermilk to help sooth the gut. This is an add on/addition to them drinking the Corid water and eating their chick starter.

View attachment 2718182View attachment 2718183
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will be trying them out.

Back
Top Bottom