Blood in hens poop?

Mia1023

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2022
yesterday one of my hens seemed like she had diarrhea. I researched and asked around on Facebook and everyone said it was just cecal poops and caused by hot weather (I’m in north Texas). This morning I let out my 2 hens and right now went to check on them 30 minutes later and found this big poop with what appears to be blood. Is this blood? I haven’t fed them anything red. The only thing red is my strawberries but the growth has slowed down and they’ve eaten them before without red poop. Please help what do I do? Vet is not an option and neither is immediate culling. I will attach the photo of the bloody poop and the “cecal” poop from yesterday.

Attachments

• CC8D01FE-4A5D-4630-84E5-ED76296FC5BB.jpeg
    CC8D01FE-4A5D-4630-84E5-ED76296FC5BB.jpeg
    731.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 167ACD24-3CC5-4918-82DA-DCCCDA2EA0A7.jpeg
    167ACD24-3CC5-4918-82DA-DCCCDA2EA0A7.jpeg
    955.6 KB · Views: 19
If they've been drinking alot then the diarrhea is normal. The poop with the red in it looks more like the intestines shedding to me, which is nothing to worry about.
Intestine shedding? Oh my, I am glad that I read this, I would have been freeeeeaking out. :) Still so much to learn.

yesterday one of my hens seemed like she had diarrhea. I researched and asked around on Facebook and everyone said it was just cecal poops and caused by hot weather (I’m in north Texas). This morning I let out my 2 hens and right now went to check on them 30 minutes later and found this big poop with what appears to be blood. Is this blood? I haven’t fed them anything red. The only thing red is my strawberries but the growth has slowed down and they’ve eaten them before without red poop. Please help what do I do? Vet is not an option and neither is immediate culling. I will attach the photo of the bloody poop and the “cecal” poop from yesterday.
Thanks for this question and great pictures. I’ve had the same poopy concerns for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom