Blood in poop

Need some help. I had a 8 wk old chick die 2 days ago. I keep them in the house at night but during the day I bring them out to a grow out pen. On Tuesday I went to bring them out and noticed some blood in some poop. My GL cockerel was all fluffed up and head down. He passed that afternoon. So I have the 2 pullets that were with him on Corid, and I have been giving dropperfuls to the partridge because she is fluffed up and not eating or drinking very much. I checked on her and she now has blood in her poop. Now I am wondering if its something else. Could it be worms? Help

I'm not an expert, but coccidiosis seems to be the most common cause of blood in poop according to a quick google search. Corid or Sulmet both could be used to help cure them. I hope the Corid is working for the rest of your flock. In the meantime, keep the coop as clean as you can and give them apple cider vinegar with mother in their water to prevent another outbreak. Does anyone else have ideas on what this could be if ChicagoClucker's flock doesn't respond to Corid? Best of luck to you.

I'm not an expert, but coccidiosis seems to be the most common cause of blood in poop according to a quick google search. Corid or Sulmet both could be used to help cure them. I hope the Corid is working for the rest of your flock. In the meantime, keep the coop as clean as you can and give them apple cider vinegar with mother in their water to prevent another outbreak. Does anyone else have ideas on what this could be if ChicagoClucker's flock doesn't respond to Corid? Best of luck to you.
Thanks for responding. She is doing better today and the blood in her poop has stopped. She is drinking on her own, so I have got my fingers crossed. I was just so panicked last night

I caught the same thing in one of my 10 week olds. She was acting off from the others, kept her separated with me outside and sure enough it was just like straight red liquid when she pooped. Went to TSC and got some Corid, been treating her and the rest of the littles and she made a complete recovery within a day. I kept her isolated for an extra day then reintroduced her to the rest of the group.

Glad yours is doing better. Keep treating and like others said give your little ones some ACV in their water.

Back
Top Bottom