BLOOD IN THE WATER?! HELP

twolilquacklings

Chirping
Nov 9, 2020
I went to change my duck’s water today and found chunks and blood I think in their water? I didn’t feed them anything red. It looked like one of them threw up!!! I don’t know what to do. I bought them new vitamin supplements could that be the issue?? I gave them some and they seemed to like it so I gave them two spoonfuls in a pile so they can eat as much as they want...could that be why?? Please help, I have pictures below.

Attachments

• BE345CAC-2F99-41C7-9A2A-6B08AF9FB5D7.jpeg
    BE345CAC-2F99-41C7-9A2A-6B08AF9FB5D7.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 8990A5A2-4DD6-4123-824C-3C3FEE98CC21.jpeg
    8990A5A2-4DD6-4123-824C-3C3FEE98CC21.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Is there anything in their environment that is red or pinkish in pigment such as fruit/veggies? I'm wondering if they ate something without you knowing and rinsed their bills in the water, turning it into a red color.

We have a mulberry tree and the ducks used to find it and would turn their water all sorts of nasty colors.

Keep watching them, and most definitely pay attention to their stools and if their water looks funny again I would consider taking them to an avian vet, our vet wasn't an avian vet but still prescribed meds. In the meantime I would be looking for a vet if you don't already have one, just to be safe.

Keep watching them, and most definitely pay attention to their stools and if their water looks funny again I would consider taking them to an avian vet, our vet wasn't an avian vet but still prescribed meds. In the meantime I would be looking for a vet if you don't already have one, just to be safe.
This is what their stool looks like...its usually brown because they spend most of the time in mud but heres a picture just in case its not normal.

Attachments

• 46325AF8-20B1-4A22-AECB-3B2F7E7EF198.jpeg
    46325AF8-20B1-4A22-AECB-3B2F7E7EF198.jpeg
    969.1 KB · Views: 8
I went to change my duck’s water today and found chunks and blood I think in their water? I didn’t feed them anything red. It looked like one of them threw up!!! I don’t know what to do. I bought them new vitamin supplements could that be the issue?? I gave them some and they seemed to like it so I gave them two spoonfuls in a pile so they can eat as much as they want...could that be why?? Please help, I have pictures below.
Could it be their hay? I have hay for them outside that gets rained on than dries. I always check for mold but could there be mold I missed causing this?

Their poop looks a little dark but idk, could you wipe some on a paper towel so that the color shines a little more? If it looks reddish under light and on white then I would say that the stuff in their water was definitely blood and they should go to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom