Blood on feeders

mountainpridefarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
I have been noticing a bit of blood on one of my hanging grain feeders. Though there are six hens and two roosters, the roosters do not fight and there is not blood to be found on there bodies. My grandfather says he saw a rat in the pen when he checked on them because they were squaking. Do you think the blood is from the rat? I am assuming my huge roosters would attack the rat and thats where I am seeing the blood from.

What do you advise I use to kill the rats? Some times my hens get loose so I am worried about poison.

Last year there were blood spatters on my feeder, but no injuries on the hens. I concluded that they had injured some kind of rodent while said rodent was stealing their grain (good girls!!).

This year there was some blood on the feeders but it was obviously from their frostbitten combs banging on on feeders (
sad.png
).

Not sure how to advise on the rodent problem. Try searching for rats using the search tool in the blue bar up top. I've read lots of rat threads on here before (just dont remember what they advised)

Back
Top Bottom