Blood streaks on outside of shell.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by All about the EGG, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Two eggs in a row I have seen blood streaks on the eggs. Not sure which bird, but definately the same bird. It lays long, oblong eggs. It almost looks as if the egg was layed, then the blood splattered and ran down the egg. Split vessel?

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:her eggs are increasing in size. normal. she's just adjusting to the larger eggs. [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:her eggs are increasing in size. normal. she's just adjusting to the larger eggs. [​IMG]

p.s. you'll shoot your eye out, kid....[​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    One of mine have done the same thing two days now. They are getting better.

Nice Avatar [​IMG]

5. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

It is from a new layer or someone laying larger eggs. It is from being stretched out. If it is a really big egg look at there bums and make sure everyone is ok.

6. It does not seem any bigger, but very oblong. I will check the bums...

7. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    I had a EE egg this morning the same. Almost covered in streaks. I have 2 EE hens and could not catch either one to check. They seem fine to me.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] My Orp bantams came out that way for a little while and it was ok now. They are very broody now and got one of my Amercuana bantam broody today.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  9. Had another one today, from a different hen. Very goopy, and red. Wife alomost barfed...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by