Bloodring or Veining?

thegoogers

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Cleveland, TN
Quote:
Thanks for the hope! I REALLY hope it is just the veins. I have seen the "Birth of a Chicken" pics and to me it looks like it just MAY be the veins the circle that starts it all?? I don't know...but it is driving me nuts HA HA I will candle again on day 7. Then 14 and of course I am SURE several times in between! It is just fascinating to me! Amazing really!! Thanks again

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
M@M@2four :

That looks like a blood ring to me...how many days have they been in the incubator? If you are unsure, I'd stick it back in the incubator and wait 3-5 more days and check again. You might want to mark it with a question mark, so you know shich one to double check!

I agree, but it is too soon to toss. I don't toss any until day 10 at least, usually day 14. By that time, you know if it is developing.​

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Quote:I always do it on its side, until it gets too big to see through, then I do big end down. It's much easier to see the veining that way.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Quote:Not to burst your bubble thegoogers, but if it is only day 4, and that is a blood ring, that is exactly how it would look, but I'd still wait!!

I have had a few get blood rings early, and that's how they looked...
Do you see any spidery veins coming from the embryo?

Last edited:

thegoogers

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Cleveland, TN
Quote:Not to burst your bubble thegoogers, but if it is only day 4, and that is a blood ring, that is exactly how it would look, but I'd still wait!!

I have had a few get blood rings early, and that's how they looked...
Do you see any spidery veins coming from the embryo?

No! Bust it! I really want honesty...so its fine
We will see! It is definitely the hurry up and wait game!!

klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I have incubated a LOT and I have had some vein networks form looking like a blood ring. I don't mark anything as a positive blood ring until day 10. If it is a blood ring it will really darken up and you won't see any network of veining elsewhere in a few days. Good luck!

thegoogers

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Cleveland, TN
There are some other areas in the egg that look like veining. Honestly ... I don't know what the embryo would look like at this point! Do you see it in that pic?? When I take this enormous pic and zoom in the center of the "blood ring" looks like the 3rd pic on this site

http://haha.nu/amazing/the-birth-of-a-chicken/

There is an "H" like in the center...so I just don't know!!!

Top Bottom