Bloodring or Veining?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thegoogers, Oct 15, 2008.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hi Natasha, just wondering if you've candled again since the 15th? Very anxious to hear whether those were blood rings or babies growing in there. [​IMG]

Cara

2. thegoogers

thegoogers Songster

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    Hey! Actually candled last night. This egg actually looks like there is a chick in there!! BUT! It doesn't appear to be growing anymore. It is slightly smaller that the other chicks we can see and the veining isn't as visible. Although we aren't counting it out yet! SO this one I think actually was veining. Goes to prove you can't be 100% sure.

The other 2 however that looked just like this one really are blood rings. There is no visible chick and the ring does appear darker.

Thanks for asking!!

I tried to get a pic last night of the chick but the camera just wouldn't focus.

[​IMG]
    ~Natasha

3. I think it's veining...doesn't look anything like a bloodring to me. The chick may "quit" developing at some point...some do...but if it does, you'll know within 7 days or so...then you can toss it.

4. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Songster

May 1, 2008
    Quote:THAT is a question that I would like answered, as well. I have one egg with a "glob" that stays put and another with a floater. Does anyone know?

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Could be either... but best thing to do is put them in, let them go and candle sparingly. Check on day 14 and toss clears and rings then since most will be dark.

6. thegoogers

thegoogers Songster

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    I will keep you all posted! Friday will be day 14!! I will check again then [​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: