Bloodthirsty/ Cannibalistic Chickens

Kfaseler

Hatching
Aug 6, 2021
I only had 13 hens in a big coup, I was trying to start a flock with a small amount then slowly build with the chicks they have, and 2 of them killed all the others in less than a week, I only have those 2 left, has anyone had anything like this, they had hay, perches, scratch grains on the ground and food in a feeder, water everything heck they hadn't even gotten old enough to start laying eggs tho it should've happened any day now, I just want to know how to prevent this in the future and to understand what happened

jesus, that is terrible. You need to put down the killer birds imo. I would not want aggressive birds like that in my flock. How old were they when you got them and where did they come from that trained them up to be cannibals?!?

I only had 13 hens in a big coup, I was trying to start a flock with a small amount then slowly build with the chicks they have, and 2 of them killed all the others in less than a week, I only have those 2 left, has anyone had anything like this, they had hay, perches, scratch grains on the ground and food in a feeder, water everything heck they hadn't even gotten old enough to start laying eggs tho it should've happened any day now, I just want to know how to prevent this in the future and to understand what happened
Can you post pictures of your setup?
It sounds like you have a predator and it's not the chickens doing this.

If you've got roosters they might have killed each other then but that's one of the only instances I could think of, other than that it could be some kind of predator

Back
Top Bottom