Bloody chicken poo

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by max13077, Aug 14, 2011.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I walked outside just now and noticed a pile of chicken poo with blood in it. I know this can't be good. [​IMG] Any ideas what might cause that? I'm still trying to track down who it is.

2. fmizula

fmizula Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    coccidiosis . welcome to the club. just finished the 5 day sulfur treatment. everyone seems to have a thread on this. good luck. treat it quickly as many can be quickly lost, i have been lucky.

3. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Where can I get the meds?

4. roz

roz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    MA
    Hopefully your feed store will have it. A lot of people think Corid is best to use because it is gentler on the chickens.

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] Sorry, but its most likely Coccidiosis. You can find alot of valuable information here on BYC. Good luck!

6. Kimsfarm

Kimsfarm Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2010
    Trussville
    I have found that from time to time....I give them probiotic capsules...open them up and sprinkle on their food, two for chick size feed container...four to six capsules for larger feed container. Giving them once has usually fixed it. You can use yogurt but it has sugar in it and this is more concentrated. I'd try that first anyway then if it doesn't work then go onto the other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by