Bloody Diarrhea

hasaanzia

Songster
5 Years
Nov 21, 2015
I got 8 Australorps and one of them is not eating much and having a bloody diarrhea . She seems weak and keeps drinking water. I took her tona vet , he says she got some kind of digestive disorder due to which she cant digest anything and her stomach kind of fills up and water starts dripping out of her mouth. Emptied her stomach twice already but she keeps drinking . Vet gave an antibiotoc (Enro C) and a syrup (G-Five) . Any help/ advice welcomed . Thanks

I got 8 Australorps and one of them is not eating much and having a bloody diarrhea . She seems weak and keeps drinking water. I took her tona vet , he says she got some kind of digestive disorder due to which she cant digest anything and her stomach kind of fills up and water starts dripping out of her mouth. Emptied her stomach twice already but she keeps drinking . Vet gave an antibiotoc (Enro C) and a syrup (G-Five) . Any help/ advice welcomed . Thanks

Is your flock on medicated feed? I would be leaning towards coccid. due to the bloody diarrhea. My first instinct is that she would be a cull so that she doesn't suffer by starving to death slowly if your vet is correct in that she cannot digest. Sorry. :(

Yes she cannot digest. Giving the whole flock that medicine in water but she keeps drinking water and then her stomach fills up like a baloon and i have to empty it.... Any advice for that? Others are doing just fine only she is weak . Blood stopped in her diarrhea today though. Giving her flour loaf dipped in water , hoping that it will be easy to digest .

Yes she cannot digest. Giving the whole flock that medicine in water but she keeps drinking water and then her stomach fills up like a baloon and i have to empty it.... Any advice for that? Others are doing just fine only she is weak . Blood stopped in her diarrhea today though. Giving her flour loaf dipped in water , hoping that it will be easy to digest .

May I ask why you empty her stomach? She will need the nutrients and fluids to sustain her daily.
I'm sorry hasaanzia, it really sounds as though you'll need to put her down :(

She is alot better now, no blood in her poop now. Still watery but no blood :) She is weak but i feed her myself .Regarding empting her stomach, when she used to drink alot of water it all used to gather in her stomach and just stay there without being digested and that hurts alot because she is already having intestines and digestion problem because of coccid, thats why i had to keep a check on that and empty it whenever it tigjtens up like a air baloon . Anyways shes alot better now just weakness reamining and that will pass too :)

Last edited:
She is alot better now, no blood in her poop now. Still watery but no blood :) She is weak but i feed her myself .Regarding empting her stomach, when she used to drink alot of water it all used to gather in her stomach and just stay there without being digested and that hurts alot because she is already having intestines and digestion problem because of coccid, thats why i had to keep a check on that and empty it whenever it tigjtens up like a air baloon . Anyways shes alot better now just weakness reamining and that will pass too :)
Good luck to you and your little bird!

Back
Top Bottom