Bloody egg question!

MohicanHase

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Egg question!!! We have 2 pekins who are laying, no drakes that are old enough to fertilize anything, and my aunt was making a cake, cracked an egg into it, and it was filled with blood!!! What would make an unfertilized egg have blood all in it? and this is not like just a blood spot, it was blood all trough the whites. So what could explain this? I always crack them separate in case, but I forgot to tell her to. lol

Egg question!!! We have 2 pekins who are laying, no drakes that are old enough to fertilize anything, and my aunt was making a cake, cracked an egg into it, and it was filled with blood!!! What would make an unfertilized egg have blood all in it? and this is not like just a blood spot, it was blood all trough the whites. So what could explain this? I always crack them separate in case, but I forgot to tell her to. lol
On thread I found https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/628773/blood-in-my-ducks-egg

Internal injury can cause that, if I recall correctly. I would monitor the ducks. A vet might be a good idea. At the same time, if it just is one egg, it may not be serious. I hope someone who has seen more of this checks in.

We did have one other bloody egg, not anymore that I know of, none of them were acting funny, I think I might rack the leftover eggs to be shure though.

Back
Top Bottom