Bloody egg shell

cmaranhao

Chirping
Jun 28, 2018
Portugal
Just found this egg. Should I be worried and try to locate the hen? If so, what do you suggest? Do you think I can see a bloody butt also?

In the meantime will try to find more about this problem.

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_191635.jpg
    IMG_20190827_191635.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 10
Just found this egg. Should I be worried and try to locate the hen? If so, what do you suggest? Do you think I can see a bloody butt also?

In the meantime will try to find more about this problem.

Regards
do you have any that were getting close to laying, those first eggs can look pretty bad I guarantee you that, but usually doesn't continue. if all of your hens are laying with no up and coming then I would worry

Is it a pullet just starting out? It looks like a little capillary broke in the laying process. I don't think you need to worry about it unless it's a consistent problem. It's a lot of work to lay an egg and sometimes little capillaries will break, but heal right back up.

Is it a pullet just starting out? It looks like a little capillary broke in the laying process. I don't think you need to worry about it unless it's a consistent problem. It's a lot of work to lay an egg and sometimes little capillaries will break, but heal right back up.
Aint that the truth, had one hen that she's have her beak in the air and but almost on the ground every time she laid an egg but only one bloody one like that

thanks for the quick answers.

these chickens are not starting now, all of them already layed eggs in the past but lately it has been a bit on the downside, some of them are changing feathers so I am having more or less 6 to 9 eggs from 13 chickens for the past 1 to 2 months maybe.

today I got 13 eggs so all of them layed one egg today.

do you think this is normal and no ordinary measures need to be done?

I think one incident is normal. I have gotten eggs like this and then never again. But, in my case it was pullets. How old are your chickens?

3 of them are maybe 2 years old and the others are more or less 1 year. I suspect this egg came from one of the younger ones, one of them went broody and stopped laying completely for quite some time. or the others that are changing feathers. this does not seem an egg from the older ones (color is not the same)

That will be tricky. You can hang around and watch them all day, or separate them in to a few groups to narrow it down, and then again when the bloody egg shows up again. I just don't think it will happen again soon. It has always been my experience that this is a flooky thing that happens. Like, have you ever had a blood spot inside the egg? Same thing. Something happens, maybe stress, and a little capillary breaks. I once had an entirely red egg yolk, but then never again.

Back
Top Bottom