Bloody nose?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gazinga, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

ok, i was doing my check over of the girls today and noticed that one has some dried up blood under one nostril. Its about the size of two drops of blood. Im just curious, is this a sign of a potential problem or "just one of those things"? she (and all other chickens) seem perfectly healthy and fine. Im just curious, shouild i be looking for any other signs that might indicate something?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    could she maybe have gotten pecked there in a hen squabble? good luck, hope its nothing! [​IMG]

3. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

Hi Redhen! how ya doing?

yeah, she could have, thats why im not freaking out just yet. I just wanna stay on top of it cause i would hat for my entire flock to catch something, ya know!

4. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    your doing a good job keeping an eye on her. not sure what would cause a bloody nose, but more than likely another hen gave her another peck. see if she start acting strange. if you can, separate her from the rest of the flock and watch her. this is what i would do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by