Bloody Poo?? HELP PLEASE!!

This_chicks_place

Songster
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Upstate NY
Hi,
I have a hen, hatched in March. Yesterday I noticed some red diarrhea in the run. Thought it was from the watermelon the girls had to eat. So this morning there it is again and lots of it. Very runny and red, scooped some up and spread on a white napkin and it sure does look like blood to me. I know who it's from and she seems to be eating and acting just fine. Should I be worried? Cause I am !! Please help if you have any suggestions, I need them.
hu.gif

I am Not an expert, but I've read many posts on here about blood appears in drops and you might want to do a search for "coccidiosis" and check out the selection of normal chicken poops as well, to make sure what you've seen is a concern. At this point, I recommend you take this seriously. If your chicken does get coccidiosis, you will need to treat her Immediately.

coccidiosis, and she needs medication TODAY. I saved my chicks from this because of this forum.

you need to get Corid (amprolium) right away and give to your flock in the water. Search this forum but I believe I gave 1 tsp corid to 1 gallon of water. I lost one of my chicks to this so I started on 2 tsp per gallon the first two days.

Make sure they are kept in a very clean environment and change water daily. The parasite will live/spread through the stool. Dh made wire platforms so my chicks poop would fall through, lessening the chances of reinfection.

you can get corid( for cattle) at a feed store that should treat it. I don't have any feed stores the supply poultry medication.

Back
Top Bottom