Bloody Poop!?

Haley, next time something like this happens just ask me for the meds (Fish-Zole or other meds in pill form) and I'll send you what you need for free. My bad for not offering to do this 4-5 days ago, I'm sorry, just wasn't thinking.

Last edited:
Thank You!! I really appreciate the help that you have given me, you really know your chickens!! I doubt I will need any meds because I am stocking up on the basic medications like fish zole, etc. But back to the hen, I told the vet everything and she said that only one small pile of bloody pooh can mean that she is passing on some worms and that she is recovering. Sure enough i went down there and there was only one pile of bloody pooh and it wasn't runny. I disected it and there were worms in it just like she said. I took her some toast, tomatoes, broccoli, lettuce, and cucumbers and for the first time in 2 weeks, she actually ate food that i have given her! So I let her out and she started pecking around and fluffing her feathers(1st time in 2 weeks also!!) she also didn't go up to roost as early which is a good thing but she is still weak. I am still going to get some meds for coccidiosis just as a preventative and I am going to give her probiotics so she will gain some energy. I have my fingers crossed she has passed some worms and she will recover. The only question I have as of right now is that if she recovers to her old self, will she start to lay again? And again thanks to everyone, especially casportpony for all the help! hopefully I won't be having to ask emergency questions anytime soon
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom