Bloody stool

I started to notice more normal stool than what I thought was bloody looking stool but I went ahead with the corid, thanks for the dosing. They are still doing great! At 6 and 8 weeks now, when do I change their food? What can I offer to them?

Glad your babies are getting better, I also wonder when to switch from scratch to "regular food" I have been told a few different times , some say when their feathers are fully in others say when you see some nesting going on . I'm still doing scratch at about 20 or so weeks of age. They still have some fuzz but adult feathers are starting to out number the fuzzy places.
We are looking at the idea of feed that isn't GMO or made in bulk with hormones.

I'm pretty sure my chicks have cocci I have the medication for a year now. The thing is that it expires 8/16.i keep it in a zip bag but it's hard. Can I still use it?

sorry just seeing your post, As with most meds,human and animal grade, they will loose its potency when exposed to air. I'm guessing that the bag has been open for a while if this is the case I wouldn't use it past its expiration date. If bag is unopened it'll be good for about 8-10 months past its expiration date. Hope this helps.

sorry just seeing your post, As with most meds,human and animal grade, they will loose its potency when exposed to air. I'm guessing that the bag has been open for a while if this is the case I wouldn't use it past its expiration date. If bag is unopened it'll be good for about 8-10 months past its expiration date. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I ended up buying a new one. The thing is that I'm on day 4 and noticed that they're having some trouble pooping. It's like pasty-but yet easily to remove. Those are dieing on me. ? ? ?

I'm not an expert in chickens and this is above my knowledge level. Id make sure they have plenty of clean fresh water with the corid in it for at least a week. You may lose a few before it gets under control. I lost better than half of the first batch before I got it under control.

Back
Top Bottom