Bloody Vent Again!!Now What??Ideas Please

Ericasl

Songster
11 Years
Feb 21, 2008
The Dalles OR
Hi all I have an EE who will be a year old in June, last weekend she layed a huge egg and had a bloody vent, then I think someone pecked her a few times. Got her all fixed up, and on her way. She layed eggs all week with just a little blood.

Well today she layed another huge egg and she is bleeding once more. I have her in in garage in a dog kennel, I put some asprin in her water gave her some yogurt, also have some crumbls in there. My question is how am I going to heal this vent?? Her eggs are big, also should I leave her in the garage by herself (which she is not happy about) and cover her up with a blanket so it is very dark? Or put the dog kennel in the hen house so she is with the other girls? I have no roo. She eats 20% crumbles, has oyster shell, grit, fresh water and an acre to roam. I feel so bad for her her bottom has to hurt. Her poo looks fine a little dirty bottom. What is the best for her?? She is vey happy eating like a champ out free ranging.
he.gif
:barnie

* I would first wash her bum clean and pat it dry with some soft paper towels. A very thin coat of Neosporin or euen Desitin, if you have any ought to help the healing. NO IDEA AT ALL on the jumbo eggs, though. A little K-Y on laying day, maybe?? More water in her diet?? IDK.
frow.gif

* I would first wash her bum clean and pat it dry with some soft paper towels. A very thin coat of Neosporin or euen Desitin, if you have any ought to help the healing. NO IDEA AT ALL on the jumbo eggs, though. A little K-Y on laying day, maybe?? More water in her diet?? IDK.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom