Bloody vent, need help

visualgirl001

Hatching
Mar 17, 2015
I just took over chickens who where abandoned. I found this poor girl bleeding tonight. She's had white all over her back side the last week. Now she's bleeding. I took her inside and gave her a bottom soak in warm water. What am I looking at? I want to help her and not sure what's going on? She had been laying bloody eggs this

The vent is very prominent. I'm not sure if there is a problem with prolapse, or more likely, they are pecking vents. Make sure they are getting a balanced layer feed that is 16% protein or more. Theyh may need more room, or they were over crowded before. Chickens will cannabalize one another if they are over crowded, bored, or not getting outside and receiving proper nutrients and protein. Placing them on a good feed, vitamins and probiotics in their water 2-3 days a week, and worming them with Valbazen or SafeGuard would help get them into good health if they have been neglected. Thank youj for rescuing them. Be sure to quarantine them from other chickens for at least 30 days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom