Blow an egg?

Quote:
I do mine the same way. I use a large thumb tack to make the holes, then gently and slowly pump air into the egg with the syringe. Works great, just don't go too fast or you'll crack the egg. Try the blue egg/brown egg thread. It's all about blowing eggs and using them to make ornaments.

The first time I did it that way I thought I'd be able to suck the contents out with the needle, but that didn't work. Then I tried pumping water in to displace the contents, but that didn't work either. Then I tried an empty syringe and it worked beautifully.

I live quite a distance from my mom, so I mail them to her. Well, I knew she would be calling when she got them. Sure enough, I was right. She had to know how I emptied them through such a small hole lol.

Btw, I did have a few shells fail on my early attempts from forcing the air too quickly. I gave her a couple hypodermic needles, and now she does her own.

Quote:
I do mine the same way. I use a large thumb tack to make the holes, then gently and slowly pump air into the egg with the syringe. Works great, just don't go too fast or you'll crack the egg. Try the blue egg/brown egg thread. It's all about blowing eggs and using them to make ornaments.

The first time I did it that way I thought I'd be able to suck the contents out with the needle, but that didn't work. Then I tried pumping water in to displace the contents, but that didn't work either. Then I tried an empty syringe and it worked beautifully.

I live quite a distance from my mom, so I mail them to her. Well, I knew she would be calling when she got them. Sure enough, I was right. She had to know how I emptied them through such a small hole lol.

Btw, I did have a few shells fail on my early attempts from forcing the air too quickly. I gave her a couple hypodermic needles, and now she does her own.

Ah, now I have a new method!!! LOL

Quote:
Thats how they do the eggs at the Ostrich Farm. People like to buy them for display.
Those shells are really hard.

Quote:
Pharmacy/Drug Store or safe injection sites
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats how they do the eggs at the Ostrich Farm. People like to buy them for display.
Those shells are really hard.

I have wondered how they did it on ostrich farms. I've bought many ostrich eggs for my mom over the years and they usually have one hole in them ranging from dime sized to quarter sized. The holes are always perfectly round, so I figured they use a hole saw of some kind.

I bought a box of 100 syringes from Tractor Supply several years ago for giving my dogs their injections, I don't remember what they cost, but they were pretty inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom