BLRW from chicken scratch poultry?

There are good places, but you need to do your homework just like you have done. I bought Welsummer eggs from bwalden and an thrilled. He also had French Copper Black marans. I would order from him again in a heartbeat!

My BLRW color isnt great but I was not really upset about it as I wanted the Araucana anyway. One of the hens does have black color in her lacing on her neck. Both are very brassy red colored rather than a rich red color.
It was the performance that bothered me both of them laid for a couple of months then stopped and started molting this first year. they just started back laying 2 weeks ago and are laying pretty decent.

The blue color is a little darker in person, than off camera but it is not a dark rich color.

My BLRW color isnt great but I was not really upset about it as I wanted the Araucana anyway. One of the hens does have black color in her lacing on her neck. Both are very brassy red colored rather than a rich red color.
It was the performance that bothered me both of them laid for a couple of months then stopped and started molting this first year. they just started back laying 2 weeks ago and are laying pretty decent.

The blue color is a little darker in person, than off camera but it is not a dark rich color.
I believe your hens are splash. The splash has 2 dilute genes that dilutes the blue & the red. BLRW come in blue, black & splash.

They could be....Is the splash color white on red? they do have a bluish color just not the nice dark color I have seen on other stock.

Last edited:
They probably are then...it is a light blue color. Thank You tomtommom! I love them anyway, it doesn't matter that much to me. They all have great personality and range very well! Actually the Wyandottes "taught" my weimaraners to leave the chickens alone. As pups if they would get too close to chickens...the wyandottes would go out there and flog and peck the pups. Funny to see a dog running from a chicken!
lol.png

Yes they are the the "bosses" of ALL the aniamls in my yard! They chased the cat back to the house one day too. I heard a big commotion and went running out there because I thought the chickens were being attacked.......The cat was running as fast as he could (he is old and a bit portly so he ist very fast) With the Wyandottes right behind him, necks stretched out running after him as fast as they could go. Don't want to know what they were gonna do if they caught him...i jumped in the middle and everyone went back to peace and harmony. They dont take any garbage from anyone.

Back
Top Bottom