BLRW from Murray McMurray?

The BLRW got crossed on GLW right from the start...the first thing Mr. Barber did when he imported them was cross them on GLW from Duane Urch. So unless you are importing them from Germany they are probably going to have GLW crossed in them from way back when...and dont let any breeder try to BS you about birds bought at an estate sale that were imported from Canada...that is also an old rumor from 20 years ago.

I have BLRW from Pauls Poultry and Blue Poultry. They are one of the slower varieties to mature, with the cockerels going through the gangley grows much longer than my B/B/S, whites, and Columbians. The only variety I have that seems to take as long to grow out are the buffs.

I have been very pleased with my birds, and they have shown quite well for me. I do not think his prices are high; I live in California, and maybe I am just accustomed to paying more for birds out here. If you want runamuckas/pets/yard ornaments that lay, then a hatchery 'dotte from the feed store will do fine for you. If you want quality, or a bird for exhibition, then I think you need to expect to pay for that regardless of where you live.

Hi All,

I ordered 8 day old chicks from Foley's and they sent me 10. They are now 2 1/2 weeks old. I ordered there as they sell day old chicks (not hatching eggs) and the minimum order was only 8. There are beautiful birds and I cant wait for them to grow up.

Seems much better than ordering less attractive birds from a hatchery, though they do cost a bit more. I think you get what you pay for.

Eglyntine beat me to it!

I've been wanting some BLR Wyandottes for a while now, and the place I've found (paulspoultry.com/blr.html) has really good birds.
smile.png

Too bad they're so expensive! Have to save up for a year probably, lol.

I'll cruise this thread and mark off other breeders to be aware of.

Quote:
I am glad you like your chicks, my wife bought a new camera for us...and it has been a long time since I have taken any new pictures so.....

Here are a few pictures of some of my 2011 breeders:

4554_37_029.jpg

4554_37_001.jpg

Thanks,

Jerry Foley

Quote:
I am glad you like your chicks, my wife bought a new camera for us...and it has been a long time since I have taken any new pictures so.....

Here are a few pictures of some of my 2011 breeders:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/4554_37_029.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/4554_37_001.jpg

Thanks,

Jerry Foley

Very nice!
Do you only breed blue? Or do you use the black and splash in your breeding plan? I hope that's an ok question to ask...
smile.png

We do breed blue to blue

Back
Top Bottom