BLRW from Murray McMurray?

howlingwoodsfarm

Songster
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
Northern Maine-Dover-Foxcroft
I am looking into getting some Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and the only place I have found that has them is Murray McMurray. I have one lone rooster BLRW which I hatched from an egg and really tend toward the dark lacing. I was wondering if anyone has ordered any BLRW from McMurray and if they had any pictures of their birds. I would LOVE to see pictures to see what their breeding stock produces. I am interested in standard birds only. I know some other hatcheries have bantams, but must stick to standards.

Thanks so much!

Heather

My advise to you is to get started birds or full grown girls from breeders, that way you will get what youre looking for instead of St. Run from Murray which will no doubt have several roo's in the mix.

Here is a breeder that I am talking too at the moment. They have standards and bantams.
http://www.ansfarms.com/

Good Luck, Adam

I ended up with a trio out of the five from Mcmurray. I lost two chicks early on. I'll try and get you some pix. They sure aren't as beautiful as the ones at ansfarms. They are very sweet natured however.

Well I looked at ansfarm.com and his birds are decent looking, I am posting a picture of my rooster. I am thinking maybe he has darker then usual lacing. He is must darker then any I saw at ansfarm.com. I see Bill Braden(landoftobe.com) only sells hatching eggs that can be shipped. I have spent WAY too much trying to hatch out BLRW from shipped eggs, and as i mentioned I have ONE SINGLE bird as a result. I am going to stick to getting chicks or adults. I would love to see pictures if you can LynnGrigg. Here is a pic of my boy. Henry is his name and he is about 18 wks old.
henry13weeks.jpg

i ordered mine from mcmurray. i ordered 10 and got 4 boys and 6 girls. one of the boys was your roo's color. i think they call it black in some communities. all the rest was the very light blue's (pullets and cockerals). the lacing is a little on the thinner side. i'll try and get pictures.

I don't know much about that breed, but to me your Rooster is awfully dark and almost looks more like a Golden Laced Wyandotte. What does everyone else think?

I love the Blue laced reds, I was too nervous to order straight run - I'd be interested to see and hear from others.....

I like the pale blue/gray color with Red, not sure if thats the prefered coloring but its very pretty!

Quote:
I have read on the BLRW group site that the main breeder for the Mcmurray BLRW's intoduced some gold laced wyandottes into the flock several years ago and a lot of GLW color shows up i their strains of BLRW's.
I don't know if this is true but if a person is looking for quality blrw's he should go to an individual breeder.

Back
Top Bottom