BLRW from Murray McMurray?

thumbsup.gif

Do not forget that being a breed with blue lacing means that you will also get black laced & splash laced from your birds when breeding blue to blue. Black laced to black laced gives only black laced. Splash laced to splash laced gives only splash laced. Blue laced to blue laced gives black, blue & splash laced. This is just the genetics with blue or blue laced birds.

I think it was omitted that black laced to splash laced = blue laced, which is another reason to keep a couple of the other colors around. Breeding blues is not for those limited on pen space, but it is a great color for chicken addicts
lau.gif
hide.gif

We have a local feedstore that sells baby chicks. I was surprised to see they will be offering BLRW in one of their shipments they get in later in April. I figured they were getting them from McMurray. But they are sexed not straightrun and cheaper than the ones from McMurray. Are there any other hatcheries that offer BLRW? They also have blue wyandottes as well as gold and silver laced. I had them special order me 5 GL, 5 SL, 5 blues, and 10 BLRW pullets (they will only special order 25 or more) so I am getting mine for 2.49 each and I do not have to pay shipping. I thought it was a good deal. They will arrive at the feedstore May4th and I pick them up from there. I am very pleased with the variety of chicks this feedstore offers. I will ask were they get them from next time I go in and will post photos.

I just ordered 50 of the assorted mix from Paul's Poultry. They are sending them in two shipments. He is pricey, but if the birds are the quality that's on his website then it will be worth it. I can't wait to get them and watch them grow!

Quote:
Beautiful birds at a reasonable price. At $4.50 per chick, that is not a bad price. At the feed store a hatchery quality bantam is $2.59 plus tax. MM has BLR and I am sure they are $4.00 range too.

HenZ

Edited: I looked at the price page and it is $9.50 per chick, as the $4.50 is for a mix, their choice. Sorry!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I just picked up my 4 BLRW, I live in NH, and a gal I met on BYC got her stock from pauls and foleys I believe she said. Her birds are beautiful, and the chicks look awesome, but she did have some splash ones that hatched too. I took 2, and I am hoping maybe some of you could post pics of a mature splash BLRW? Thanks so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom