BLRW's and SLW's

oldchickenlady

Songster
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Cabot, AR
Hello to all! I really want to get some BLRW's and SLW's this fall. I found some on www.paulspoultry.com that are about the prettiest I have ever seen. Unfortunately I can't afford a minimum order (12) by myself. Is there anyone in the TN, southern Ky, northern AL area that would like to split an order for chicks. He has all varieties of Wyandottes and I mean they are gorgeous! I have to call tomorrow to see if they have any available now, but if they do I really, really, really want some NOW! Not next spring...now!
lol.png
Can I just say patience is not one of my strong points? I want them now so I will be getting eggs next summer. I only need 6 birds...5 hens and 1 roo. Is there anyone interested?
fl.gif

Surely, someone in the Tennessee area wants some wyandotte chicks? Anyone? Please just go to www.paulspoultry.com and see his stunning birds! If I could get just one or two people to go in with me that would be either 4 or 6 birds each...or whatever combo...

This is another breeder of Wyndottes, they live close to me and I had the pleasure of seeing all of their birds. They are beautiful. I purchased 6 various colors about 3 weeks ago. http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/.
Not sure how far you are from Elizabethtown KY but you may be able to drive up.

Meyer Hatchery only has a minimum of 3 standards (or 3 bantams). So, that might be a good alternative. I got my GLW there. It was about $40 to ship such a small amount, but I was really impressed with their service. I got 6 (3 standards and 3 bantams) who were born on Monday and arrived Tuesday morning. They were doing great. A little cold and a little thirsty, but they perked right up when I put them in the brooder!
This is the box they came in.
66595_img_2707.jpg

And this is my little Wyandotte
smile.png

66595_wyandotte.jpg

And that's my Speckled Sussex under my Wyandotte
lol.png

66595_untitled-1.jpg

We (Meyer Hatchery) have both breeds and just a minimum order of three chicks. Shipping to TN would be $35.75 but that covers Express shipping charges, extra padding/nest material, heat pads, etc. We just want to make sure your small order makes it to you safely! Call for availability 1-888-568-9755.

I think the OP wants good quality BLRW and SLW. Hatchery Wyandotte's seem to have a lot LOT of variables when it comes to colon and pattern. I would stick with Foley or Pauls Poultry.

If I were closer I would TOTALLY share an order, I would love to get some good Wyandottes from Foleys or PP. Their birds are beautiful and they really tend to the colors and standards.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I did check out your website and considered ordering from Meyers, but I didn't see pictures (actual photos) of your SLW breeding stock, just print ads of what a SLW looks like. I want the best looking birds I can afford, the best lacing and conformation. I have seen such a HUGE variance in what the lacing looks like on some birds. Some birds I have seen are almost all black with just a little white streak down the middle of the feathers. So, unless I can see pictures, real pictures, of the parent stock of the birds I am considering purchasing, I am going to pass. I want to be sure of what I am getting, because I don't have unlimited space for more birds, if I end up with birds that don't look like I want them to look. However, thanks for jumping in here and making the offer of information. I really appreciate it!

Try posting an ad on your local Craigslist to see who wants chicks. That is what I did here in Mass a few weeks ago. We ended up with an order of 47 wonderful chicks from Welp Hatchery.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom