Blue Ameraucana or barred something else?

RubelliteRose

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
SE Virginia
I hatched Comet from a blue Ameraucana egg and I thought he was supposed to be an Ameraucana, but to my amateur eyes, he looks barred. Is this barring or will he grow into blue? He is currently 5 weeks old.
IMG_20210918_134555291.jpg
IMG_20210918_134006346.jpg

Thanks! I didn't think blue Ameraucana looked barred, but I found so few pictures of older chicks that I wanted to make sure. He must be Ameraucana crossed with OE then. He came from a rainbow assortment so I was only hoping the Ameraucana eggs were pure:)

Thanks! I didn't think blue Ameraucana looked barred, but I found so few pictures of older chicks that I wanted to make sure. He must be Ameraucana crossed with OE then. He came from a rainbow assortment so I was only hoping the Ameraucana eggs were pure:)
Not a pure ameraucana and not blue either. Pretty though!

Additional question about the "sister"(unsure if she is related at all, but since she is also barred.I suspect she is at least a half sibling). I finally have a good picture of her now that she is in the sunlight. Is there a name for this type of faint barring? I'm really hoping it is called ghost barring since her name is Phantom🤞:D
IMG_20210919_150146114_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom