Blue Ameraucanas/Blue Orpingtons-I've Got the Blues! (PIC HEAVY)

MissPrissy, you are on my schedule for mailing out on Oct. 9 due to Monday being a holiday that week. They'd better start laying-Velvet has been on a one week vacation, and Skye laid two her first two eggs and none since. Surely, they'll get going again in a couple of days. Cant figure out why the sabbatical, though. After she hadn't laid in two days, I moved Suede and the Suede-ettes to a twice-as-large coop adjoining the main flock. Maybe she's just adjusting, but she and Skye seem perfectly fine. And yep, you need to be on the list because it's filling up fast!
***Pei, I have a list for spring already, so maybe you should get on it. You can change your mind later on!

Check your e-mail.
big_smile.png

Okay, you guys are making it even harder for me to wait the 21 days for Suede's babies to hatch. I think Seude is the best looking Orphinton I have ever seen. The suspense is going tokill me lol.
barnie.gif

Mrs Cynthia, the white hen with the black on the neck...what is the breed? We lost a little one just like that to a predator, it was one of the first two someone gave us and we never knew what it was.

Tex, She is a Light Brahma. Great girl. Fantastic layer. Every day like clockwork.
Christina, thanks! Everyone will have Suede babies before I do probably. I have two, just two of his babies in my bator, Skye's first two eggs. I hope they're fertile and I think they are, but they are slightly porous, being her first ones, so cross your fingers that I'll get them to hatch.

Cyn, sorry to go off subject... but have quick question about the light brahmas'. Mine are finally laying and they have like redish specks all over them... guess I should have taken a pic... anyways, is this normal for the first couple/few eggs? (by the way... got 21 eggs today...yayyyyyy)

And the golden w/black... isn't that called a dark brahma or am I wrong?

Thanks... Tes

My flock is gonna be gorgeous. With some of Hinkjc's Buffs and Speckled's Blues
I'll have the best looking flock in New England.

The caramel colored hen is a Buff Brahma, my Caroline, also a great layer. Her eggs are almost white, but Miranda's are a nice tan color. Mine dont have specks on them, though. Is it blood or just speckles?
Don, I agree. Jody's Buffs are outstanding. I plan to get some for myself one day and put a couple in with Suede as well as Hawkeye.

DH thinks it's blood... but I think it is speckles because it also is a little bumpy/rough... not smooth... I just figured it was her first... it is quite small. I was just curious. My other two have laid with little blood on them. Chalking that up to new eggs.
hu.gif
and then this one today... I can take a pic and post it tomorrow if it would help. And, I have noticed that they all three lay different colored eggs LOL... Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom