Blue americauna eggs

Firerott2022

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2022
Hello all! I have been trying to hatch blue and blue/black splash americauna eggs from a seller on eBay. First batch 2 of my personal chocolate eggs hatched, none of the blues. She sent us another dozen (and made us pay for shipping) and they are on day 22 with nothing happening. I put 7 of my chocolates eggs in with them to test my incubator and 3 hatched today. I have a broody hen sitting now with no luck either. Temps have been hot here and my girlfriend wants blue americaunas so badly and won't let me buy anymore eggs from the ebay seller because she is heartbroken. We lost all our chicks from tractor supply that we bought for no reason. All my hatched chicks are doing fine with maybe 2 losses as chicks. I want to try some more blue/black splash hatching eggs or chicks so she will be happy. My English chocolate orpingtons seem to be expensive at the hatcheries too. But I get good eggs from them. And big birds! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ameracaunas or Americaunas? Shipped eggs have a severe learning curve and a hard to hatch. You'll have to wait until next year to order some chicks as its so late in the season,osteoporosis hatcheries likely won't have them in stock.

Yes the blue/black splash preferably. We love the rare breeds here. Easter Eggers will work but preferably we want the ameracaunas.

Not sure if I am spelling it correctly. The ones with the beards and blue eggs. Some of the hatcheries have July shipping dates but they are pricey

Hello all! I have been trying to hatch blue and blue/black splash americauna eggs from a seller on eBay. First batch 2 of my personal chocolate eggs hatched, none of the blues. She sent us another dozen (and made us pay for shipping) and they are on day 22 with nothing happening. I put 7 of my chocolates eggs in with them to test my incubator and 3 hatched today. I have a broody hen sitting now with no luck either. Temps have been hot here and my girlfriend wants blue americaunas so badly and won't let me buy anymore eggs from the ebay seller because she is heartbroken. We lost all our chicks from tractor supply that we bought for no reason. All my hatched chicks are doing fine with maybe 2 losses as chicks. I want to try some more blue/black splash hatching eggs or chicks so she will be happy. My English chocolate orpingtons seem to be expensive at the hatcheries too. But I get good eggs from them. And big birds! Any help is greatly appreciated!
Try Stromberg’s everything I have gotten from I’ve been really. Had them ship me a dozen Guinea eggs 9 hatched perfectly.

A little update. 5 of my 7 chocolate enlish orpingtons have hatched and two of the Ameraucana eggs. Both of them lavender/Grey. The blue/black/splash have not done anything. My broody hens has hatched 2 more as of this morning with another popping. We are on day 23 in the incubator. Does anyone on here or do they even have a true blue color Ameraucana? Like blue feathers?

Read more about shipped eggs. Don't expect a high hatch rate or you will be disappointed. If you get as much as 20% it's probably quite good. A recent discussion on hatching eBay eggs that you might enjoy is HERE.

Back
Top Bottom