Blue Andalusian chicks wanted

I actually have a trio of Andalusian Bannies!! They're very beautiful birds, I hope to start breeding them soon.
smile.png
)

JestersEye, just a very gentle correction.

To get all blue, you breed black to splash. Splash is not the same color as white. It is a light silver gray and usually has some gray blotches. Sometimes the silver gray is light enough that the bird looks white, unless you have it next to a true white bird.

If you breed black to white, my best guess is that you are going to get a lot of white chicks, unless your white is heterozygous for another color that the white is masking. Then you could possibly get almost any color, except not blue.

You can also get blue if you breed blue to either black or splash, but you will get a mix of colors with only some of the chicks blue.

With respect to the fact that I know nothing about Andalusian breed standards, I am quite please with how pretty my bird from McMurray Hatchery is.

Purchased two Blue Andalusians, one is blue and the other is Splash. Got the sex right as both were female. McMurray probably will not work for you since they require a purchase of 25 birds, but my wife and I are quite taken by her.

BlueAndy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom