Blue Andalusian rooster?

And it is weird the hens have nice tall red combs and his is kinda squatty it’s like between a pea comb and a regular comb.

That is why he is not an Andalusian. Andalusians always have single combs.

His comb is like that because he does have the gene for pea comb. He probably has one copy of the pea comb gene, rather than two, judging by the size & shape of his comb, which is why someone guessed that he is an Olive Egger: that is pretty common in some lines of Olive Eggers.

Andalusians also have white earlobes, while he does not.

Check these out. So he was in the box with these. Like I said tag said blue Andalusian. But when I saw these the first thing I thought was how much the resemble a type of blue Wyandotte chick. These are the hens his same age. They have black feet but also some yellow around the toes and bottom foot
799529DD-FE67-4525-82AC-76A26753EBFF.jpeg
CB3810F0-AE80-494B-8A15-BAC8A4FF00B2.jpeg
1ADAD330-310B-4B4E-9299-DCC8A2B70CEF.jpeg

Check these out. So he was in the box with these. Like I said tag said blue Andalusian. But when I saw these the first thing I thought was how much the resemble a type of blue Wyandotte chick. These are the hens his same age. They have black feet but also some yellow around the toes and bottom foot View attachment 3396832View attachment 3396834View attachment 3396835

Those don't look like Andalusians, which have the typical small and slender Mediterranean build and over-sized, floppy comb -- imagine a Leghorn but with blue feathers. Andalusians are also strongly-laced.

Are they laying yet? What color egg?

No that’s what I’m sayin I don’t think they’re andalusians they’re to fat. And not all skinny and flighty like my leghorns. I never looked up what a Andalusian looked like I just took the tags word for it. Now I gotta figure out what they really are lol

No that’s what I’m sayin I don’t think they’re andalusians they’re to fat. And not all skinny and flighty like my leghorns. I never looked up what a Andalusian looked like I just took the tags word for it. Now I gotta figure out what they really are lol

You said yellow feet, not white?

If they're laying brown eggs then they're probably Sapphire Gems.

I’m not sure if they’re laying yet we came in today from being gone a few days and I have a small pinkish egg and a small brown egg that’s new. My wyandottes in the past laid a similar color egg. Almost like a pinkish tan and the other would lay a browner colored egg. I have some gold laced Wyandottes the same age as these blue birds so not sure yet who’s laying these.

You said yellow feet, not white?

If they're laying brown eggs then they're probably Sapphire Gems.
Now that you mention that I have a sapphire gem at my farm and she’s about the same color as these. I bet that’s what they are. And yeah it’s not a lot of yellow just kinda very bottom leg toe area under foot.

Back
Top Bottom