Blue Australorp breeder (on very small scale) all the way from Western Australia

Good afternoon!!
I love my Aussy girls I have two and they are by far my favorites, Emmy and Flower. I have had chickens now for 1 year, a total of 6 and love it!! I am building a greenhouse for them in the winter so if we get 5' of snow again they can still get out and run around. During the day they free range in my 3/4 acre fenced in yard, some of it in the woods. My 2 Vizslas tend to protect the yard and the girls. They have several lean-to set up in the yard for cover ,plus their coops . They also get snacks when I get home. So funny when they come running-flying to you !! I got them when they were 8 weeks old and are very friendly. I lost 1 EE and 1 Buff Cochin over the winter....:( , can't have just 4 soooo I purchase two Partridge Cochins from a breeder that were 1 year old.There is a huge difference from the hatchery stock and the ones I purchased in North Branford. Seeing the difference made me realize that I need to be buying from a breeder. So my question to you is that I would like to buy some of your eggs. Do you sell them ?
Hopeful in Ct. ,USA
Helen Malchow

Hi Helen,
I do sell eggs on occasion however I am situated in Australia and I do not ship eggs to other countries unfortunately. If you go to the Australorp SOP thread there are breeders from America that might be able to help you source some eggs.

Hi everyone,
We have been lurking this website for 2-3 years and have finally decided to join. As the title suggests we breed (on a super small scale) blue and black Australorps.  And yes, we are from Western Australia. Look forward to chatting with you all.
BTW CB and CG stands for chookboyandchookgirl. This is our username on other Australian forum sites.

Greetings! Our Blue Australorp was taken by a raccoon last month up at our farm in Eaton, IN, who broke in through the siding. I was looking to find another Blue Australorp, since it was the favorite, and named "Eggy," by my 8 year old middle son, who is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to battle his Leukemia. He and I would video chat in the morning to let the chickens out and look for eggs. It helps him stay connected to home while in the hospital for 7 weeks. He always wanted to know how Eggy was doing! I still haven't broke the news to him! And, am hoping to critterproof the coop and find another Blue Australorp, "Eggy II," near Indiana to add to the flock. I'm hoping you might have suggestions?

Hi, I just joined to get in touch with you. "Blue Australorp breeder in Western Australia". I live in the south west of WA (Stratham near Bunbury) and we want some baby Australorps for our property here. Do you supply any?? My email is [email protected]
would be great to hear from you. thanks.

G'day! Welcome to BYC! Australorps are my favorite standard breed of chicken as they are very hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. I have Black Australorps and think they are very pretty, but your Blue Australorps are absolutely gorgeous. Good luck with your fabulous flock.

Hi, We live down south of Western Australia and are LOOKING for some AUSTRALORPS for our backyard. You say you are breeding Australorps in a small way in the Perth hills? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD CONTACT ME PLEASE. Not sure how to do that on this site. Name is Katie and my number is 0427950023. perhaps you could text me?? Looking forward to having some chooks
big_smile.png

Another Australian, me too! Welcome to BYC. I too am a newbie to this site.

I have never kept Australorps but I once kept and bred beautiful blue Australian Langshan bantams. In hindsight they were perhaps the best line I ever had. I've gone out of them now though.

CB may have email notifications turned off, maybe you can send him a Private Message to make sure he gets your details.

If you are not sure how to do that, click on the little blue arrow next to his name, a drop down box opens with an option to 'SEND PM" this will be like a little private letter between you both.

@CB and CG

Back
Top Bottom