Blue/black birchens

Mike2488

Hatching
Jun 5, 2023
I have a question about the color of blue birchen roosters. I have a black birchen an a true blue birchen rooster, both are beautiful but I was wondering which one has the better genes for breeding? I seen someone say the blue color is diluted? I don’t know tho thanks for any help

I have a question about the color of blue birchen roosters. I have a black birchen an a true blue birchen rooster, both are beautiful but I was wondering which one has the better genes for breeding? I seen someone say the blue color is diluted? I don’t know tho thanks for any help
Any gene that causes the bird to be lighter than the base colors of black: blue, dominant white, chocolate, etc.
or gold: silver, cream, etc.
or both: recessive white, lavender, etc. is a dilution gene. There’s nothing wrong with it.
On which is better: well, it depends on what you want. What hens do you have?

Any gene that causes the bird to be lighter than the base colors of black: blue, dominant white, chocolate, etc.
or gold: silver, cream, etc.
or both: recessive white, lavender, etc. is a dilution gene. There’s nothing wrong with it.
On which is better: well, it depends on what you want. What hens do you have?
I got a black birchen hen too, will both the black birchens produce any blue colors?

I got a black birchen hen too, will both the black birchens produce any blue colors?
No.
If you want blue you must use use the blue rooster. He has one blue and one black gene. With him and the black hen you should get fifty percent black and fifty percent blue.

Back
Top Bottom