Blue/Black Orpingtons/ 9 Weeks Old (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Mar 2, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

There are three blue and one black cockerel then my one black pullet, Delilah, all turning 9 weeks old. Oh, and the Splash boy. All are available for sale, except the splash and Delilah. Hey, KingsCalls, look at that black cockerel! If I had enough girls, I'd keep that one-he's going to be a looker!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    They are so georgous

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    They are very handsome, and your pullet is pretty. [​IMG]

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I don't envy you with all them roos. what are your plans for them.

I'm in the same boat though I got about 4 boys in the brooder that will eventually need a homes.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I just put them on Craigslist and another farm classifieds and in a flyer at one of the feedstores. If the other feedstore owner ever gets a space in her cages, I may take them there, but people here have no idea what a Blue Orpington is. When I advertise them, I put up a pic of Suede so they can see what these could be. Same old thing, though-finding homes for the boys when you hatch. I'll have a ton of them in a couple of months to rehome, then I dont plan to hatch for a very long time.

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    That's a good advertising tactic, Cyn--showing a picture of Suede. I would expect that will help a lot in getting your guys placed! The boys are at a really cute age now too!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

It just stinks that you're so far away!!

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Durn..It's so sad we all don't live closer to each other with these Blue Orps....No one around me knows what Blue Orpingtons are either Cyn....I have to post pics at the feedstore for Light Brahmas and Buff Orpingtons!!..They are what kind of chickens?.....Thats sad!!...lol

Sandy

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Cyn, you have again produced some really nice cockerals. If I had the other rooms in my barn ready I would come get at least one! For now I have to wait for your eggs!

10. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I have been wanting to get some pullets as everytime I get eggs hatched they all end up being males. The last set that hatched 2 males and the one male is blind [​IMG] . I am keeping the blind chicken, as he has been hand raised and needs TLC, but will be re-homing the other when he starts to crow.

Today I hit pay dirt [​IMG] . The lady who took my 3 male silkies 2 months ago has pullets for sale and she is going to GIVE me my choice as to what I want. I get to pick them up tomarrow. I am so excited I just had to tell someone. [​IMG]

Thank you for listening,
    DeeDee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by