Blue/Black Orpingtons/ 9 Weeks Old (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
There are three blue and one black cockerel then my one black pullet, Delilah, all turning 9 weeks old. Oh, and the Splash boy. All are available for sale, except the splash and Delilah. Hey, KingsCalls, look at that black cockerel! If I had enough girls, I'd keep that one-he's going to be a looker!
DCP_9511.jpg

DCP_9510.jpg

DCP_9517.jpg

DCP_9519.jpg

DCP_9516.jpg

DCP_9521.jpg

DCP_9520.jpg

I don't envy you with all them roos. what are your plans for them.

I'm in the same boat though I got about 4 boys in the brooder that will eventually need a homes.

I just put them on Craigslist and another farm classifieds and in a flyer at one of the feedstores. If the other feedstore owner ever gets a space in her cages, I may take them there, but people here have no idea what a Blue Orpington is. When I advertise them, I put up a pic of Suede so they can see what these could be. Same old thing, though-finding homes for the boys when you hatch. I'll have a ton of them in a couple of months to rehome, then I dont plan to hatch for a very long time.

That's a good advertising tactic, Cyn--showing a picture of Suede. I would expect that will help a lot in getting your guys placed! The boys are at a really cute age now too!

Durn..It's so sad we all don't live closer to each other with these Blue Orps....No one around me knows what Blue Orpingtons are either Cyn....I have to post pics at the feedstore for Light Brahmas and Buff Orpingtons!!..They are what kind of chickens?.....Thats sad!!...lol

Sandy

Cyn, you have again produced some really nice cockerals. If I had the other rooms in my barn ready I would come get at least one! For now I have to wait for your eggs!

I have been wanting to get some pullets as everytime I get eggs hatched they all end up being males. The last set that hatched 2 males and the one male is blind
th.gif
. I am keeping the blind chicken, as he has been hand raised and needs TLC, but will be re-homing the other when he starts to crow.

Today I hit pay dirt
wee.gif
. The lady who took my 3 male silkies 2 months ago has pullets for sale and she is going to GIVE me my choice as to what I want. I get to pick them up tomarrow. I am so excited I just had to tell someone.
ya.gif

Thank you for listening,
DeeDee

Back
Top Bottom