Blue/Buff Orp Crosses. PICS!UPDATE--it IS a rooster! YAY!

They are beautiful! I would also say the first one is a roo, because of the size of his legs.
smile.png

Tiffany, I`m stickin to my original guess, that blue beauty is no doubt a female. I went outside and sat and studied my orps (pretty much same size and ages as yours). All of my young roos stand ,for lack of a better word,upright. And look more like a blue feathery ball that grew a head and legs. lol. My roos don`t have much of a tail, where as my females do. The little females look like mini versions of the adult hens. good luck, hope i`m wrong.
No worries, I have plenty of roos for ya.
I AM curious though what all of our other orp people think. Tony

Hey there Tiff.....I just found this thread..and altho I wanna say that first one is a roo, because of the redness in the wattles..my brain is SCREAMING HEN! I dont see the saddle feathers.....and " it " just stands more like a hen. I DO hope for your sake, I am wrong...but honestly...Im thinking hen. So sorry.

Chckenwing---it a MIRACLE!!
lol.png

Justusnak- I am starting to agree with you! I think you might be right.....I know you know your chicken!

Tony-- I may be coming around for a roo!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!

Well see.... I may leave well enough alone. Only time will tell!!!! Im might be the first person ever to be disappointed with a hen!

Last edited:
If you would like, I can call and talk to him/her on the phone. It is suspected that I turn hens into roos. I am two for five this season.
roll.png
The chicken breeder I purchased them from told me not to touch any of his other birds when I come pick up Lulu's replacement. Or to look at them. He sold hundreds of chicks this year and has had 3 roos...I've had 2 of them.

I hate to say it but it looks like a hen to me too. I thought roo at first but it sits like a hen. Maybe we're wrong. I'm hopin for some cool roos too. You can't make babies with all girls! I am now in the orp club. I have 2 and a half. The half is an old English orpington I think...only 4 days old so not sure yet. I feel elite now. LOL.

Well, I think he might of been to young to tell for everyone, but now I am sure he is a roo! Well, at least he is crowing (or a pathetic attempt at it) and mounting all my girls! His wattle still looks like a hen but he is getting those saddle feathers. Maybe he/she is comfused about his/her identity???
smile.png

WooHoo!! Congratulations!
big_smile.png
You got your roo you wanted. I`m sooo glad I was wrong about thinking it was a hen. lol thats awesome, i`m happy for you. guess you won`t be needing a roo from me then afterall. lol

Back
Top Bottom