BLUE Campbell?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by maralynn28, Jul 12, 2011.

1. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Ok, so I really need to find out what my drake is! He's supposed to be Khaki Campbell but I'm now hearing he looks more like a Buff drake or a BLUE Campbell. I don't think he's a Buff as he was a classic looking KC duckling so I googled and found that blue campbells do exist, though not known in US. Can someone help me ID this guy for the fair? Here is pic of him as duckling and adult. Thanks!
    [​IMG][​IMG] Duckling on right
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] sunshine highlighting his silverish coloring!
    [​IMG]

Hopefully that's enough pics...lol.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    Washington
    He sure looks like a Campbell with a blue dilution. Any idea if he's pure, or if someone snuck in? [​IMG]

3. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I'm guessing a sneak in as I also suspect he is sibling of what appears to be a KC/chocolate runner sibling...does it work that way (multiple fathers?) I got them both from the same bin at the feed store, they said they were KC. I always suspected something but wasn't sure if there are just variation in breed as I don't expect them all to be carbon copies of each other. But my babes do look a bit different than what I expected KC to look like!

4. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    Washington
    Except for the blue dilution, he looks pretty much like a KC. It's a really pretty color. I saw your chocolate on another thread, she's pretty, but not quite the right size and shape for what she's supposed to be.Probably crosses. The duck will likely lay great though. I'm not sure what you'd put on a fair entry - can you just put crossbred?

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    He is beautiful [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by