Blue copper maran idk what sex

If they're still young and has red (not pink) combs and wattles, then they might be roosters. They also have large feet, if you want to compare with other girls of same age. :) I guess I'll wait for the pictures :)
I'll post pics this afternoon. They are 10 weeks old so I am sure you'll be able to tell! When they were little one had less comb than the other so I was hopeful then they started looking the same...and both have copper on their bodies as well as their heads.

My daughter hatched some "French Maran" eggs. One came out blue & quickly became the fav. It just turned 3 weeks old. The comb looks big to me. Is it a male or do they all have big combs like this? We got rid of the others, so I can't compare. Comb has a tiny pink hue, not red. Tiny wattles can be seen if at the correct angle. All pics are the same chick.

My daughter hatched some "French Maran" eggs. One came out blue & quickly became the fav. It just turned 3 weeks old. The comb looks big to me. Is it a male or do they all have big combs like this? We got rid of the others, so I can't compare. Comb has a tiny pink hue, not red. Tiny wattles can be seen if at the correct angle. All pics are the same chick.
It looks like a cockerel :)

I'm leaning more towards the cockerel too, but you never know... I have a brown leghorn with a comb like yours and wattles at the same age, but she's a girl. In my experience, roosters start out growing their feathers real slow, but it looks like yours have nice looking feathers all grown out and stuff.
All that aside, I love love love the color!!! So beautiful!!!!! <3 <3

Hi, looking for Blue Copper Maran experts to sex this 8 week, 2 day old chicken:

Those are all the same bird, but the light is worse in the third pic.
The neck is lighter grey than the rest of the bird.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom