Blue Copper Marans frizzle!

I just thought I would share, because I did not know BCMs could be frizzled! I got Ms Frizzle from a breeder who thought she had a bunch of barnyard mix chicks because some were frizzled so she assumed her Marans and Cochin had an mated. However, when I was talking to her and showing her all of them grown up she said they were actually a bunch of her project Marans! She’s been working on making mauve and mauve splash Marans with a purple bloom and has a mauve splash Marans rooster that she now thinks mated with her blue copper marans hen.

Anyway, obviously it is possible to frizzle any chicken when mating them with frizzle genes…I just hadn’t seen it before so thought I’d share 🙃 I was super surprised when she laid her first egg because it looked like a Marans egg not a mix.
I have few like her running around in my farm , the guy I work with Troy s like to mix thing up , so we have a lot crosses ,all different type .laying all sort of colored eggs .
she is gorgeous . I will not call her marans for sure , ours we call them Marneck ,because we are trying to breed NN X marans . some of the F2 progeny are Frizzle .
chooks man

This is the purple bloom you were talking about. from a blue copper maran.
View attachment 3046964
I currently have 2 frizzles, One black, daughter of my avatar, and one white NN/frizzle
View attachment 3046969
I hope to make more frizzles and NN when I hatch their eggs.
Below is a chick from an egg I hatched today. More to come, They are from MT. NN/silky, I hope it will be a showgirl.
View attachment 3046981
your white NN frizzle hen is gorgeous ..
we have pure black ones
1665374229523.png

she lay pink eggs , her mother is( Marans X Cream Legbar ) her father is NN Frizzle silky
chooks man

I have few like her running around in my farm , the guy I work with Troy s like to mix thing up , so we have a lot crosses ,all different type .laying all sort of colored eggs .
she is gorgeous . I will not call her marans for sure , ours we call them Marneck ,because we are trying to breed NN X marans . some of the F2 progeny are Frizzle .
chooks man
Yeah the breeder I got her from loves her Marans and has a lot of project birds while trying to select for egg colors. She currently has chocolate and mauve Marans laying purple eggs. I also have a pullet from her that is black split to chocolate and might lay purple that she accidentally sold me—she’s an F4 so we shall see what happens! 😍 She grabbed her without looking and didn’t realize it till I brought her home so she was too concerned about biosecurity so I kept her and only got one Ameraucana 😆

Yeah the breeder I got her from loves her Marans and has a lot of project birds while trying to select for egg colors. She currently has chocolate and mauve Marans laying purple eggs. I also have a pullet from her that is black split to chocolate and might lay purple that she accidentally sold me—she’s an F4 so we shall see what happens! 😍 She grabbed her without looking and didn’t realize it till I brought her home so she was too concerned about biosecurity so I kept her and only got one Ameraucana 😆
she doesn t seem to be happy when she realize she sold you the wrong chooks .
good for you .
chooks man

my red marans strain I m working on ,they lay a lot dark pink colored eggs . stunning looking eggs for sure . not sure they are 100 % pure ,so i m keeping them separate from my pure marans .
I will not add any thing to my pure marans ,but I m trying to create a new chooks strain . they will not be named marans for sure .
chooks man

my red marans strain I m working on ,they lay a lot dark pink colored eggs . stunning looking eggs for sure . not sure they are 100 % pure ,so i m keeping them separate from my pure marans .
I will not add any thing to my pure marans ,but I m trying to create a new chooks strain . they will not be named marans for sure .
chooks man
I bet it’s gorgeous!! 😍😍

I bet it’s gorgeous!! 😍😍
they are .
one of the ladies she buy eggs from us to consume , she will complain if the box hasn t got the dark pink eggs . so we always make sure to keep them for her . she like a box to have 2 blue eggs ,2 green eggs ,4 dark marans eggs ,2 pink and 2 dark pink .. she is very fussy but a very good friend of mine .so I look after her .she is a city woman .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom