Blue Copper Marans...help

CGChickMama

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Grand Haven, MI
I have two Blue Copper Marans chicks that are about to be 4 weeks old and was starting to wonder... Boy or girl?? I had tapped on the table to grab their attention so they don't always stand like this.

This one is our friendliest and quietest chick.

This one is very high strung. The chick is constantly chirping or making some of the craziest calls. Even my 12 week old pullets don't make sounds like this one.

That's what I was thinking. I don't mind having a Roo, but this one has a wild do not handle personality while the other one loves to just sit with me.

UPDATE: It will be 5 weeks in the next couple of days number 2 is definitely a cockerel. He has red wattles and large pink combing. His neck is covere in copper coloring. The first is definitely a pullet as she has no development and isn't showing any copper in her.

I agree 1 pullet and 2 roo. I have a blue copper marans rooster, I raised 34 chicks, several different breeds all together. Getting 50/50 mixes I knew I would have some roos in there somewhere. I hand fed them and held them whenever I could do so and I have to say that he is probably second friendliest, with my welsumer rooster being number one. My blue copper marans hens could care less about me. lol

This guy was a surprise, my hatch was supposed to be Black and Copper, But ended up with two Blue. I am fairly new to Marans, what is everyone's HONEST opinion of this guy. He is 15 weeks and 3 days old.

Back
Top Bottom