Blue Cuckoo Marans 5 weeks

Update w Photo: 11 weeks now and still no crow and had younger blue copper marans crowing at 7 weeks. He’s beautiful, can be picked up, doesn’t make much mess or bother ladies and squats to poop. Not sure such a thing but I’m hoping for a gay rooster. Either that or he’s really strategic and trying to pull off pullet for as long as can to make sure can stay. I’m good with it. Lol
If that's 11 weeks
Update w Photo: 11 weeks now and still no crow and had younger blue copper marans crowing at 7 weeks. He’s beautiful, can be picked up, doesn’t make much mess or bother ladies and squats to poop. Not sure such a thing but I’m hoping for a gay rooster. Either that or he’s really strategic and trying to pull off pullet for as long as can to make sure can stay. I’m good with it. Lol
If that's 11 weeks old I can make a pretty solid guess he's a he. Mine are 14 weeks with very little comb and no wattles.

Attachments

• PXL_20210712_163649347.jpg
    PXL_20210712_163649347.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
If that's 11 weeks
If that's 11 weeks old I can make a pretty solid guess he's a he. Mine are 14 weeks with very little comb and no wattles.

So what does it mean if have an early crower? Should I watch for anything?
Usually means they are more confident and probably sexually maturing more quickly. I'm not a fan of those cockerel. Sometimes they are full of themselves. I prefer more laid back boys, but every rooster is different. How they act when maturing doesn't always determine how they will be when fully mature which is generally at 2 years of age.

Back
Top Bottom