Blue Cuckoo Marans

TSWRA

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2022
I have a rather large Blue Cuckoo Marans Rooster. There is very little to next to no information on this bird after scouring the net. Does anyone have any sources or more info on this breed? I've had him for a year now, and he's turned out to be the best rooster.

I have quite a few regular Cuckoo Marans Hens, and have bred them recently. The chicks are 9 days old, but I would like to learn more about the genetic makeup. He has quite the selection of hens, so I'm experimenting with new colors and such.
20230320_175910.jpg

Attachments

• 20230301_131828.jpg
    20230301_131828.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 20
Lovely birds!

Blue Cuckoo should be the same as regular Cuckoo, except for being blue rather than black.
Yeah. It's the genetics part I'm looking for. I've got quite a few Cuckoo hens, and there is definitely a difference between the two roosters in color and pattern. Just looking for any information on them. I may just call one of the hatcheries that carries them. Thank you though :)

Yeah. It's the genetics part I'm looking for. I've got quite a few Cuckoo hens, and there is definitely a difference between the two roosters in color and pattern. Just looking for any information on them. I may just call one of the hatcheries that carries them. Thank you though :)

The blue gene modifies the normal black gene.

1679428412616.jpeg

The only difference between a Blue Cuckoo and a Black Cuckoo of the same breed is the modification of feathers that would have been black to blue instead. :)

That's what I was looking for!! Thank you! I've got Blue Splash marans as well. It's rather interesting to see the color variations and what comes out of it.

Back
Top Bottom