Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine will be around check you for treats if they aren't too busy hunting their own food when I let them out to free range, but they will not be jumping up on you for petting, etc. They also do not crowd around your feet in the pen like my RIR or Rhodebars do.

Me too... I dont have CLs but do have the U of A's. Probably averaging 5 eggs per week, very pretty , very flightly. Mine are a bit small and subsequently lay small to medium pale blue well shaped eggs. I had an undiagnosed mite problem while growing them out which really slowed their growth. Bird size and egg size are my only issues with them.

Me too... I dont have CLs but do have the U of A's. Probably averaging 5 eggs per week, very pretty , very flightly. Mine are a bit small and subsequently lay small to medium pale blue well shaped eggs. I had an undiagnosed mite problem while growing them out which really slowed their growth. Bird size and egg size are my only issues with them.
How old are your UofA Blues?

My pullets are at a place in the country fro breeding. I live in a City and cannot have Roosters. I should get hatching eggs soon from them and I will weigh them and see how big mine are laying.

What do the eggs you are getting weigh?

Do you know how much your hens weigh? Have their eggs gotten larger in size as they have gotten further along in their laying cycle?

My UofA Blues were laying a Medium egg when I sent them to the country place. They stopped laying and have just started up again. They were around 50Grams which is Medium. the eggs were getting bigger so I imagine they are at least into the large range of 57 to 60 Grams.

I will post back when I know.

Do you know how much your hens weigh? Have their eggs gotten larger in size as they have gotten further along in their laying cycle?
The eggs were only one ounce when they started laying and now are 1.5 to 1.7 +/-. Not sure how much the hens weigh but they are pretty small. I think they are likely to max out in the 1.7-2.0 range... My goal is to have birds that lay eggs of at least 2.25 ounces or larger. Nothing smaller than 2.0 ounces. I've had some of my ameraucana's start with 2.2 ounces... that's getting it done in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom