Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 blue egg layer chicks freash out of the bator this mourning
yesss.gif
Those look very nice!
Quote: I am looking forward to getting these!

my blue egg layers are laying verry well here is a pic show the color of the blue egglayers next to other colored egg breeds

UofA blue egg layer -top left
cream legbar - bottom left
bantam lavander amaraucanas -botton right

I hope Dr. B is reading these posts! I am absolutely crazy over the color blue and I love my chickens!!! It would be a dream come true to own blue chickens that lay blue eggs!!!!! I am a hobby breeder and would like for my oldest son to join 4-H and starting a blue egger project would be sooooo awesome!!! His favorite color is "Darker Blue", he says!!!!!!! He loves the photos from U of A, but we live in central/eastern KS, so getting eggs from them would be a little difficult!!!!! Hope someone starts shipping eggs soon!!!! Keep up the work!!!!

From my understanding, U of A got rid of their flock out of respect for the creator of the breed.
I hope Dr. B is reading these posts! I am absolutely crazy over the color blue and I love my chickens!!! It would be a dream come true to own blue chickens that lay blue eggs!!!!! I am a hobby breeder and would like for my oldest son to join 4-H and starting a blue egger project would be sooooo awesome!!! His favorite color is "Darker Blue", he says!!!!!!! He loves the photos from U of A, but we live in central/eastern KS, so getting eggs from them would be a little difficult!!!!! Hope someone starts shipping eggs soon!!!! Keep up the work!!!!

That is understandable if they did, but eggs are alread out there so the damage is pretty much done if that is all the further the original creator was going to go with this project. I guess for the rest of us we will have to take on the challenge ourselves or wait till they are released as a new breed!

Their egg color is amazing though.
That is understandable if they did, but eggs are alread out there so the damage is pretty much done if that is all the further the original creator was going to go with this project. I guess for the rest of us we will have to take on the challenge ourselves or wait till they are released as a new breed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom