Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
will anyone be selling hatching eggs or chicks from the blue egg layers they hatched from Uof A?

just bilt this coop we sale them cheep$.550.

I was interested in getting eggs from the blue-egg laying, light brown leghorn line. But since they were only being offered to 4-H students locally (from what I heard early on) I was hoping to buy some from a 4-H'er who was willing to ship eggs.

But now, what, the program is disbanded? Anyone know what happened to the brown leghorn line that laid blue eggs?

I was interested in getting eggs from the blue-egg laying, light brown leghorn line. But since they were only being offered to 4-H students locally (from what I heard early on) I was hoping to buy some from a 4-H'er who was willing to ship eggs.

But now, what, the program is disbanded? Anyone know what happened to the brown leghorn line that laid blue eggs?
None of the eggs from the Brown Leghorn line have ever been released. A student up there is doing a project with them. They are still there but unavailable as of right now.

We still give eggs out from various other breeds at the University. The blue feathered blue egg layers are gone, but the light browns are still being worked with, however they are not ready to be released yet. Anyone is welcome to get eggs, the University just does not ship them.

will anyone be selling hatching eggs or chicks from the blue egg layers they hatched from Uof A?

Hallfamilyfarm has the Blue blue egg layers listed on ebay as a presale. The girls do not like the rain. So eggs a slim at present; We are hatching a few.

Quote:
We now have the following breeds eggs in our incubator: Light/Coronation Sussex, Salmon Faverolles, Brown Red Ameracanas an egg with a "N" and a blue egg with a "P". All we took home from the Meetup Seminar Saturday.

Did I say thank you to mschlumb. He stepped in and spoke on the heritage poultry and the Heritage Poultry Conservancy. Dr. Bramwell spoke on Breeding and genetics. Both did an excellent job! It was appreciated.

My 3rd rack in my Genesis Hovabator is almost full!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom