Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, this is only all the possible offspring, not necessarily the exact numbers and type of offspring.
first cros should be a OO homzigous for blue insted of the Oo heterozigouse if you do the graf using the proped data you will get 100% Oo heterozigous for blue

I have possibly cracked the code for the genetics behind the cross. Best part is, that you don't have to have a certain strain of Leghorns.
punnett-square-oo-oo.jpg

punnett-square-oo-oo-2.jpg

punnett-square-oo-oo-4.jpg

punnet-square-oo-oo-3.jpg

blue-line-chart.jpg

Here is where I got the genetics.
Just a slight question as I'm sitting here exhausted from my day.

Why not just cut it to the F2 generation? Use a confirmed OO with another confirmed OO and skip the next generation? Also asking another fun question. What if the initial cross was simply an Araucana which would be OO for the blue eggs instead of Oo.

The way my mind works at night scares me...

Just a slight question as I'm sitting here exhausted from my day.

Why not just cut it to the F2 generation? Use a confirmed OO with another confirmed OO and skip the next generation? Also asking another fun question. What if the initial cross was simply an Araucana which would be OO for the blue eggs instead of Oo.

The way my mind works at night scares me...

I don't know.
hu.gif
I guess the person was using the generic Ameraucana (although more than likely an Easter Egger). Keep thinking!

....and if you do all that breeding correct, you might have one of these on day 6 of incubation:

I just had mine shipped to me. I did not have to follow a breeding chart
lau.gif

Quote: I did not to a complete candling today but yesterday it looked like all of them are doing something. I will keep you posted!

Ron

I candled today--Day 10 and removed 1 clear. The rest are developing very nicely.

Very healthy looking! This should be one good hatch!

I charged up the candler and got a video today of the Blue Egg Layer that I am Incubation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom