Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not intend to help it out--It was a surprise live one that never did pip! So far still with us--eating and drinking so hopefully going to be ok.

Thank you for selling them to me!
Thank you for buying them. It was a mutually beneficial enterprise. Here's hoping you have 6 pullets and 1 roo.

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to pull out the incubator.

Who has fertile eggs to sell???? 7 of 10 of shipped egg is like a miracle!!!! Ron, you are one blessed dude!!!

I lost ALL of my Ameraucanas (including a REALLY gorgeous roo) in a freak accident so I no longer have any blue layers.

I did get some chicks from a gal in Queen Creek that were supposed to be pure from Paul Smith lines.. of the 10 chicks only two were pullets and BOTH are clean faced.... and we all know that Ameraucanas take FOREVER to lay and then lay infrequently.

I've become a total fan of this thread and LOVE the looks of these birds and apparently they are much better layers and lay sooner.

That's my type of BLUE LAYER!!!!

Thanks for any help!

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to pull out the incubator.

Who has fertile eggs to sell???? 7 of 10 of shipped egg is like a miracle!!!! Ron, you are one blessed dude!!!

I lost ALL of my Ameraucanas (including a REALLY gorgeous roo) in a freak accident so I no longer have any blue layers.

I did get some chicks from a gal in Queen Creek that were supposed to be pure from Paul Smith lines.. of the 10 chicks only two were pullets and BOTH are clean faced.... and we all know that Ameraucanas take FOREVER to lay and then lay infrequently.

I've become a total fan of this thread and LOVE the looks of these birds and apparently they are much better layers and lay sooner.

That's my type of BLUE LAYER!!!!

Thanks for any help!
I will have some next week. Mine are promised this week.

Hi,
I just found this cool thread and haven't read all the pages.

Has it been posted as to what the plans are for this mix? Are they destined to go to Purdue as a fancy factory-farm egg-layer?

The blues are pretty.

Hi,
I just found this cool thread and haven't read all the pages.

Has it been posted as to what the plans are for this mix? Are they destined to go to Purdue as a fancy factory-farm egg-layer?

The blues are pretty.
It does not sound like it was ever going to a commercial place. It was a project for a friend and the blue project has ended. Those that picked up the eggs are now able to sell the eggs and chicks.

The 7 that I hatched over the weekend are doing very well! My middle Daughter thinks they are the nicest ones that I have hatched yet. My Youngest thinks the Marans chicks were cuter. These have a nice personality so far.

Last edited:
I wouldnt be surprised if they were bought out by a commercial egg company if they had the motive to sell blue eggs. The U of Ark just scrapped what they had, from my understanding the creator is still working with them.
It does not sound like it was ever going to a commercial place. It was a project for a friend and the blue project has ended. Those that picked up the eggs are now able to sell the eggs and chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom