Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah hah. I'd love to see some pictures of them sometime!

I'm looking to see if anyone got the browns ever? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know the Browns have not been released(maybe to 4-H Only?) I think they are still at the Poultry Department at the UofA.

Ah hah. I'd love to see some pictures of them sometime!

I'm looking to see if anyone got the browns ever? Thanks in advance.
I would love to have the browns as well. I am planning on 'making' a similar bird starting next year when I have everything lined up. Figure I'll start with cream legbar hen to introduce the blue eggs, then breed any of the non-crested pullets back to a nice show type light brown leghorn rooster and go from there. Once the blue eggs are bred in, it should be easy to go on from there

I would love to have the browns as well. I am planning on 'making' a similar bird starting next year when I have everything lined up. Figure I'll start with cream legbar hen to introduce the blue eggs, then breed any of the non-crested pullets back to a nice show type light brown leghorn rooster and go from there. Once the blue eggs are bred in, it should be easy to go on from there
None of the blue egg laying brown leghorns have been been released. I have been told they are a "project" for a graduate student. Hopefully sometime in the near future these will be available.

Ron,

I am interested in the blue egg layers as a 4H project for my daughters. Do you currently have a few birds, chicks or hatching eggs that you could part with? Or point me in the right direction please:~}

Ron,

I am interested in the blue egg layers as a 4H project for my daughters. Do you currently have a few birds, chicks or hatching eggs that you could part with? Or point me in the right direction please:~}
They were moved into a breeding pen and promptly stopped laying eggs! They Molted and look like they will be laying again soon. If so, I will have access to some hatching eggs between incubator sets.

When do you want them?

Last edited:

I would be MORE than interested in this particular line of breeding if you get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom