Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone selling chicks to out of state yet? We are a 4-H family that has raised many batches of chicks and would be interested in chicks but we are in MD! Really liked the thread discussions and am hoping somehow they came east. So glad some eggs came out before U of A undid that part of their program! Meantime I will keep lurking.... and reading.

Is anyone selling chicks to out of state yet? We are a 4-H family that has raised many batches of chicks and would be interested in chicks but we are in MD! Really liked the thread discussions and am hoping somehow they came east. So glad some eggs came out before U of A undid that part of their program! Meantime I will keep lurking.... and reading.
welcome-byc.gif

I hope you find some!

Hi, I have blue egg Sumatra. These came from the UGA in Athens Ga. About 4 years back. They lost some of there funding because of the Economy I'm guessing. Any how I have part of the flock. These look 100% pure Sumatra and I've shown them and they do very well in the show hall. My question is that they lay sky blue eggs that put most Americana's and all the other blue eggers to shame. They come in blue and black. Do you think these birds are related? Because of the University ties?.. Most people in the poultry world knows me. You can google my full name and read for days.lol..any how I was just wanting to know what you think.I went the the University in Athen and they want give me any information on them at all..I tried and tried. I even went to college there too!..Any how just wanted your input. I dont deal with the public on them at all.to much drama as you may know. I tried talking about them before but to many crazy people out there.. Many thanks..Toni-Marie Astin.

Hi, I have blue egg Sumatra. These came from the UGA in Athens Ga. About 4 years back. They lost some of there funding because of the Economy I'm guessing. Any how I have part of the flock. These look 100% pure Sumatra and I've shown them and they do very well in the show hall. My question is that they lay sky blue eggs that put most Americana's and all the other blue eggers to shame. They come in blue and black. Do you think these birds are related? Because of the University ties?.. Most people in the poultry world knows me. You can google my full name and read for days.lol..any how I was just wanting to know what you think.I went the the University in Athen and they want give me any information on them at all..I tried and tried. I even went to college there too!..Any how just wanted your input. I dont deal with the public on them at all.to much drama as you may know. I tried talking about them before but to many crazy people out there.. Many thanks..Toni-Marie Astin.

Hi Toni,

The UofA Blues are from Whiting Farms stock. It is a Fly tying business that hatches chicks to use the feathers for Fishing Lures. Paul is also a good Breeder and has contacts at UC Davis and UofA. so he may have contacts with the Poultry Group at Georgia.

As far as I know, Whiting only has the one Blue egg layer breed. He does have a Green Breed that he calls Whiting Greens. He only sells chicks and does not ship He is in Colorado.

Thanks, Ron, for posting! One can keep hoping... or move to Colorado or Arkansas? But that's not a viable optionat the moment. :/

Thanks, Ron, for posting! One can keep hoping... or move to Colorado or Arkansas? But that's not a viable optionat the moment.
hmm.png
@caj1985 likely has a list for shipping hatching eggs. I am busy hatching like crazy this year. I have 40 plus moving to the hatcher tomorrow or Thursday.

I will post pictures!

Last edited:
Toni, nice to see you post here...

here is my take, I believe they are 100% pure Sumatra, you see its believed that the blue egg shell gene appeared well before polynesians brought chickens to the american continent,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom