Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those SPLASH? or something else that hatched with them?
I have a blue Rooster covering two splash and two blue pullets. I will have blue, black and splash from that combination.

I am hoping to get a nice splash Cockerel from them.

I thought this blue was different and breed true.....
They Breed true for Blue Breeds.

Blue/Black/Splash (BBS)
Blue x Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash

Blue x Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Blue x Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Black x Splash = 100% Blue
Black x Black = 100% Black
Splash x Splash = 100% Splash
NOTES - - Black can NEVER parent a Splash Bird, and Splash can NEVER parent a Black Bird.

Quote:
I understand blue breeding but I thought there was a DIFFERENT BLUE at work here in the UofA Blue's. I thought it breed true..... Blue x Blue only gave BLUE. I know I read that back when this thread started..... maybe they were misinformed about the blue thing.

I understand blue breeding but I thought there was a DIFFERENT BLUE at work here in the UofA Blue's. I thought it breed true..... Blue x Blue only gave BLUE. I know I read that back when this thread started..... maybe they were misinformed about the blue thing.
I do remember that!

I think it was because the picture from UofA only showed the blue ones.

No one has said it, but if they are regular blue genetics, then they need to be bred back to a Black Cockeral every couple of generations to keep the Blue looking good.

Clearly I didn't read far enough to find that info.... I just read the part about BREEDING TRUE.... then someone CLARIFIED that to be TRUE like a reg BLUE.

I know that blue to blue breeding in my birds does not give only blue. I can testify that the splash in these have the brightest colored splash I have seen.

I think it is because the white on the splash is a true brilliant white. It doesn't seem to have any yellow undertones.

I know that blue to blue breeding in my birds does not give only blue. I can testify that the splash in these have the brightest colored splash I have seen.

I think it is because the white on the splash is a true brilliant white. It doesn't seem to have any yellow undertones.
He looks amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom